Saturday, January 4, 2014

You say po-ta-to, I say VICTORY!

My husband loaded 8 bags of potatoes in my arms, which is the equivalent of the weight I lost in 2013.



Holy. hell.

No wonder I was so tired all the time.  No wonder I didn't want to drag my butt off the sofa to do housework, let alone exercise. My Fitbit Zip opened my eyes to the fact that I have a very sedentary office job. I know that job added an extra bag and a half of potatoes in the last half of 2012.  

I know people in the produce department probably thought we were nuts, but I don't care. I should have run laps around the store in the manner of a Biggest Loser challenge.

Tangible evidence of weight loss feels amazing. If you've had any eye opening moments like this, I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. How many pounds of potatoes is that? I'm assuming 5 lb bags, and 7 that I can see. That's a triumph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 bags x 5 pounds! It's actually 41 pounds overall, but they didn't have loose potatoes. ;-)

      Delete