Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Motivation...ooh, something shiny!

It used to be like pulling teeth to get me changed and out the door to the gym.  It's close to my house, but once I get home from work, all I want to do is get in PJs and crash with dinner in my Sheldon Cooper sofa spot.  Yet, if I don't get my butt out the door, I will be a lump for the rest of the night.

I have found over the years that bright bold colors motivate me, which is kind of hilarious considering my wardrobe has been 75% black over the past 15 years.  I immediately decorated my desk at work to keep myself relaxed and happy.

Notice the bright turquoise, hot and raspberry pinks, sharp graphics, and my Game of Thrones house sigil prominently displayed despite color clashing.  


I realized that I needed to have some fun accessories to get my butt up and out.  I have so many leftover t-shirts, tanks, and yoga pants/capris that I don't need to buy much cute clothing that will just get smelly.  However, when I was in the market for a new sports bra, I decided to get the one that made me feel good despite no one seeing anything besides slipped straps.

Old Navy special

My Fitbit Zip is hot pink.  Of course.  I clip it right on the front of my bra after I get dressed and take it off right before I go to bed.  Bluetooth and apps sync everything.  Technology is so freakin cool when it comes to tracking!  I'm one of those people who will buy a planner at the beginning of the year and get all excited about being super organized and ON TOP OF MY LIFE.  It usually would be abandoned by January 20.  I definitely need something that does all the meticulous tracking for me!  

Surprise, neon!

The tap water in this area is gross (so hard, not even a filter helps!), and I feel guilty loading up on individual bottles of Smart Water all the time.  I went back to buying gallons of water for home, and I've finally found a way to drink tap water without grimacing:  A neon purple tumbler!  I can't see what's in the cup, and I just grab and sip while jogging.  When you're sweating, you don't care what the hell you're drinking.  It's a hell of a lot easier than tossing your head back while drinking from a bottle.  

20 ounces of awesome elusiveness

Music is an absolute must while I'm on the move.  I loaded up my iPhone with a gym playlist and try not to listen to the songs much outside of the gym.  It makes them more special this way.  Naturally, I couldn't pass up these earbuds.

Pink and teal owls.  Were the manufacturers walking around in my brain?

I also enjoy my Lannister lion earbuds, but the sound quality isn't as good.

I have really diverse taste in music and rearrange my playlist quite a bit.  Right now, these are the tunes that keep my legs moving.

I just added the last four tonight.  I just hope I don't bust into Stephen Colbert's Daft Punk moves on the treadmill!




 We've......come too far......to give up...who we areeeeeeee........

Ahem.

I've noticed as I've been losing weight that I've been integrating more color into my wardrobe.  I should never have been afraid to be bold and vibrant, but now I'm finally starting to feel like brightness is peeking back into my self esteem.  That's the best motivation of all.




No comments:

Post a Comment