Sunday, May 3, 2015

MFP Challenge: Day 7

Well, the week is over! I may not always take exact screenshots and blog, but I'd like to check in daily on the Facebook page. 


-Naturally, I was kind of starving this morning. My Friday night leftovers were kind of a necessity for lunch. 

-Yeah, we ordered in. BUT...I only ate half the wrap. I kinda gave that habit up along with splitting my 12 in sandwiches, so this was a big deal. Ok, so I finished the fries, but I'm absolutely stuffed now. I can't even dream of sneaking a dessert. 

-We took a walk around 4:30 today. It wasn't much, but I think it re-energized us and helped clear our heads. Though my allergies are in full swing, I still love the blooming cherry blossoms. 


Yes, he obviously loves me with those puffy eyes, bad hair, and no makeup.

Today's shoutouts go to two awesome Heathers in my life!

I met Heather R on an email group back in 2000/2001. We started chatting about the topic at hand in personal emails and soon got to be friends. She lives in UT and I live in PA. Due to both of us unable to travel across the country for various reasons, we still haven't met. However, we've held onto a great friendship for nearly 15 years now. She is a runner, and she gives me such inspiration and excellent advice about easing into it. I feel so good when she tells me not to say I'm a jogger or that I'm just a beginner. She wants me to be proud of what I have done on that treadmill while taking it at the proper pace and speed. Here's a picture she recently tagged me in: 


One day, we will meet. Until then, I'm proud to be her friend, and her encouragement has meant a lot to me. I'm so glad we're able to still chat so openly. 

I met Heather S in high school! We had mutual friends but didn't really know each other. Naturally, Facebook happened, and then we started messaging about weight loss after a few years. We realized how much we had in common and started to become real life friends! We share similar weight goals and are on our own serious journeys. She has been a great sounding board, and she gets where I'm at along with the frustrations. Her dedication and success  for her next phase has been inspirational. It's been awesome to get to know each other, hang out, geek out, and chat about all this stuff. It's so funny how you may know someone since high school but you never really knew them. I'm glad we didn't pass by this opportunity, and I am grateful for everything. You are AWESOME. Virtual high five! 





No comments:

Post a Comment