Wednesday, April 29, 2015

MFP Week Challenge: Day 3

Today was probably the most calories I've consumed this week so far, but I feel fine. I'm not hangry, I'm not bloated, I didn't stress eat, and I was still under 2000 calories. I'd say that's just fine! And I stepped on the scale this morning to see I lost another .8 pounds. 

It was a very busy day at work, so I didn't get a opportunity to take a walk in this gorgeous spring weather, but I did sit outside for a few minutes to soak up the pleasantly warm breeze. 


So, here's today's eats!


-Today was more of a convenience day. I went to Wawa for breakfast and lunch food, but I chose the new-ish lowest calorie breakfast sandwich rather than the turkey sausage egg white and cheese bagel.

-Lunch is the lowest calorie option you can get at Wawa aside from a salad. It fills me up just fine.

-I stayed at work an hour late fueled by those almonds. I actually ate nuts as a snack for the first time in years, holy crap.

-Had dinner out because I didn't feel like waiting for food to be cooked and it was a belated anniversary dinner. The problem with eating at a restaurant that doesn't have website calories posted is that you have to guesstimate. I think I was pretty accurate though.

-Had some dessert bc I felt like it. 

So, I wanted to take some time for the rest of this week to give some special shoutouts. I can't think of a better way to start than with my best friend Dawn.

Dawn and I have known each other for over 20 years now and have been inseparable since the beginning of college. We have been through every kind of happy and sad emotional journey possible together, and we consider each other to be sisters. "Besters," as we coined a few years ago. Weight loss has been a very personal journey for each of us, and we always have each other's back no matter how much is gained or lost. I call her my cheerleader. *waves pom poms." We are differently shaped with different levels of athleticism, but we celebrate all our victories. Basically, if she lost 60 lbs, she'd be in the hospital, and if I ran 10 miles at the highest incline, I'd be in the hospital. 

Recently, Dawn wasn't feeling great with her diet, so she decided to try MFP after hearing me rave for years. She lost 4 lbs in a week and started to look at portions and choices differently. Now she's continuing to celebrate both scale and NSV victories. She tells me how inspirational I was, but I need her to know just how inspirational she's been for me. I was really in a slump there, and I was afraid to get back on the horse. She was so excited about how easy MFP is and the healthy results you see. I remembered how I said all that at one point. When she puts her mind to something, she DOES it. And I knew that I could get back to doing it again and that her pom poms would be flying on texts and Facebook. She's been ridiculously supportive of me all these years, and it's exciting to be on similar food journeys together. Burrito bowls instead of tortillas, chia, avocado, smoothies...we got this. I'm so proud of her for taking this leap, and I thank her so much for getting me back on that track. (But we can still totally have a fro yo or Starbucks treat too. 😉)





No comments:

Post a Comment