Tuesday, April 28, 2015

MFP Week Challenge: Day 2

Today went a lot more smoothly. I woke up and already felt better. Yesterday, the scale was showing my highest weight in 4 months. Today? Down 3 lbs. It's crazy how being mindful and drinking a lot helped so quickly. My stomach didn't feel so heavy when I walked around today, and my legs didn't ache at all. It was amazing.

Normally, Tuesday is when I see my trainer, but her appointment before me was running late, and I didn't want to get home and eat dinner late. Plus, I would've had a snack before seeing her, and all I wanted was to hang out with my husband on our 3rd wedding anniversary,

YUP, together for 7 years, married for 3. It was the most lowkey celebration we've had so far, but it was nice.


So, I was really behind on dishes and didn't make a smoothie this morning. BUT...I didn't just run to get a crazy high in sodium breakfast at Wawa, so that was good. I should've eaten more, but I actually held out better until lunch than I did yesterday. 


Some notes:

-I didn't care for that Southwestern chicken, but I won't waste the rest of the bag. I'll just choose something else next time. I forgot to mention yesterday that I had arugula. It's barely 10 calories, so no big. I loooove arugula. I could eat it with pretty much anything. It makes me think of the movie My Blue Heaven when Steve Martin's an FBI protected mobster who goes to a Midwestern supermarket and asks for arugula. 

"What's arugula?"
"It's a veg-e-ta-ble!"

-The work snacks held me over better today bc my stomach wasn't in shock.

-My lovely husband made dinner. It's cut off, but I had ketchup on the meatloaf. What was different was my addition of a salad, and I just realized I forgot to add mushrooms (a couple calories, no big). I think that filled me up more. My trainer is adamant about me getting as much veggies during the day as I can.

-I ate dessert pretty quickly after dinner. It's a weird kind of habit I developed over time, but then I would be starving at night for snacks. We ran out to get a few things, and I grumped that we should have SOME kind of treat since it's our anniversary. Mind you, I had eaten everything by this point. He didn't feel like anything, and I realized my stomach was full. I thought about how many calories were in the bakery items at Panera and Starbucks and held off. So I had a handful of animal crackers when I came home.

-I didn't go to the gym, but I did even better than yesterday with my food. Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment